I love these sites:
    http://www.gaugeone.org/
    http://www.steamup.com/
    http://www.nmia.com/~vrbass/
    http://www.southernsteamtrains.com/index.htm
    http://www.steamingpriest.com/

    http://roundhouse-eng.com/
    http://cedesign.net/steam/steam-links1.htm

    There are a lot of other sites that feature drool factor
http://www.galtran.com/ or http://www.reynaulds.com/fulgurex/fulgurex.html
(great looking models of trains or heavy equipment with prices to match
museum quality).  There are sites featuring amazing one of a kind creations
made by hobbyists that would dazzle any one in his right mind.  I can send a
list of bookmarked sites if anyone is interested. The ones above are great
because they list so many other sites and resources for miniature live steam
trains.

Steaming & Sparking over Terror Trestle in Eugene, Oregon ~ Gary
http://www.angelfire.com/or/trainguy
http://community.webshots.com/user/raltzenthor