Right Mike, but we here in the colonies hardly know what a tea kettle is! So we might have a problem locating the descaler packet.

Joe, I wanted to steam to test a loco for Diamondhead but all it is doing is rain. rain ,rain up here in the redwood belt. I should fill a few of my beer barrels with rain water, filter it and sell it in 5 gallon jugs at a high profit.

And yes, I do run in the rain, but it's cold enough to snow too. There are limits to my endurance.

Happy Healthy and prosperous New Year to all, full of  fire and steam.

Don't forget to donate to a relief fund for the Tsunami victims.

Geoff.

I can't understand why nobody has suggested the stuff which is actually designed
for the job - kettle descaler, available from all good hardware shops. Use it
as directed on the packet, including the bit about flushing out afterward, and
it will do the job a treat.

Mike