Tom,

Thanks, I had discussed the fittings with Bob Paule but so unfortunately he didn't have the opportunity to pursue the matter.

Geoff

Geoff

Having worked R&D in the medical industry I was aware of the variety of luer
fittings available.  I always concentrated on the stainless steel ones and
never even gave a thought to the nylon ones being useful.  After Diamondhead
I will check and see if we can start stocking some of the luer-lok fittings
for tubing.  Probably just fittings for 3/32" and 1/8" tubing.

Keep steaming,

Tom Eaton
Sulphur Springs Steam Models

----- Original Message ----- From: "Geoff Spenceley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: "Multiple recipients of sslivesteam" <sslivesteam@colegroup.com> Sent: Tuesday, December 28, 2004 12:31 PM Subject: Re: Re[2]: Aster Lion topping with water

 >Joe,

 Thanks for the site, altho the fittings seem too big. I use Ark-Plas
 fittingsa lot. They are nylon I believe, very inexpensive and close
 with about a 1/4 turn, good up to 60psi or more. I have one installed
 my Schools but use them mostly for air connections when testing my
 locos big and little. They are not  designed for connecting when the
 line is pressurized but  work very well where there is no pressure
 or when connecting  where there is a check valve. They only sell them
 in bulk, so they sent me quite a few gratis! This was several years
 ago and I have had complete success-- with hot water too.

 Ark-Plas Products Flippin, AR  (501) 453-2343

   There are lots of sites on them-I suggest you search Yahoo for
 Ark-Plas Products and you'll find lots about Ark-Plas  for
 information , now I have to explore myself! --I think Sulphur Springs
 should carry them!

 A short  hose to could fitted  to the tender feed of a Lion and Gary
 could use his Trackside pump quite effectively--No fiddly screwing -
 almost as quick as inserting the Squirt bottle tube

Geoff