That bit of soul bearing was beuatiful Dave. Isn't great, that after a hard day or week or even month, how a little piece of acient technology known as a steam engine can put you at peace?

Keep your steam up and yes I will try to contribute more to the list

Noel

----Original Message Follows----
From: Dave Cole <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Multiple recipients of sslivesteam <sslivesteam@colegroup.com>
Subject: no, the list isn't broken ...
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 09:23:04 -0800
... unless it is and then i won't see this message move over it.
it's been a week since the last posting to the list and in recent hours a number of people have e-mailed me to say that they are no longer getting the list. you are. there just haven't been any messages for you to receive.
not that it is of any particular import or interest to anybody but myself, but last night i ran the ruby for a group of my wife's friends. in the fickle weather of the sf bay area -- amplified by our proximity to the ocean -- you never really know what the weather's going to be like but last night it was cool, clear and crisp. a couple of people who live in the city commented that they could see stars.
there were a couple of sparkies in the crowd, but mostly non-train people. yes, it makes real steam, yes it's hot, yes there's water in there.
but they soon tired of the demonstration and drifted back into the house (though the call that dessert was being served may have helped change their focus). there was still gas in the ruby and the plume was wonderful, so i sat there for a few minutes watching the engine go 'round and 'round the layout.
after a particularly tough week -- soon to be followed by another two or three -- i realized that it had (again) been weeks and weeks since i fired up an engine. i had an opportunity to run yesterday afternoon at the bagrs event, but i didn't even bring an engine.
i have made this investment (bought locomotives, built rolling stock, built a layout) and i just don't use it enough.
the irony here is that i was going to exhort you to contribute to the list, but i think that's a wrong thing to say. if i'm going to be so presumptuous in telling you to do anything, it should be to go out and run a train today.
\dmc
Dave Cole
Gen'l Sup't:  Grand Teton & Everglades Steam Excursion Co.
               Pacifica, Calif. USA <http://45mm.com/> <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
List Mom:     sslivesteam, the list of small-scale live steamers
               <http://45mm.com/sslivesteam/lists/>
ATTEND THE NATIONAL SUMMER STEAMUP IN SACRAMENTO, JULY 20-24, 2005
For more information, visit the web site at <http://www.summersteamup.com>