Sumit Bose wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this patch to the sssd-krb5 man page should clarify how the krb5
> provider will find the right UPN.
>
> This hopefully fixes #204.
>
> Please fell free to correct any grammar or spelling mistakes.
>
> bye,
> Sumit

<snip>

                     <term>krb5try_simple_upn (boolean)</term>
                     <listitem>
                         <para>
-                            Set this option to 'true'
-                            if an User Principle Name (UPN) cannot be found in
sysdb
-                            and you want to use an UPN like 'usern...@realm'.
+                            Set this option to ´true´ if the identity provider
+                            cannot supply an User Principle Name (UPN). In this
+                            case sssd will try to request a TGT with an UPN
+                            build as ´usern...@realm´.
                         </para>
                         <para>
</snip>
                             Default: false

Okay, as I see it know, if only the username is stored in the db, you
can set this to true and upon kerberos authentication the request will
be sent with usern...@realm  and realm is what is defined in krb5REALM
... correct?   If so, "kbr5try_simple_upn", is still confusing.  why not
krb5_construct_upn  or something ... ?
~Jenny

--
Jenny Galipeau <jgali...@redhat.com>