On Wed, 2009-11-11 at 19:03 -0500, Simo Sorce wrote:

> I have tested this yesterday (with git master), if you set FILE:%
> d/krb5cc_%U sssd will happily refresh the crdentials at screen unlock.

Ahhh.  ~light bulb goes on~  I am finally coming around to what you are
saying.  Wow.  It's even more broken than I had feared.

Certainly that the ccache filename gets regenerated on each
authentication is very not so nice.  Even if each "session" had a
separate ccache courtesy of the _XXXXXX, it's imperative that each login
session (including klist, kinit, gnome-screensaver via sssd, etc.) all
use the same ccache file, all of the time.

However, that said, I have tried removing the _XXXXXX uniqueness from
the ccache filename but that does not alleviate my issue here.  I now
have:

krb5_ccachedir = /tmp
; krb5_ccname_template = FILE:%d/krb5cc_%U_XXXXXX
krb5_ccname_template = FILE:%d/krb5cc_%U

And yet I am still getting ccache files with the _XXXXXX postfix on
them.  I have even rebooted completely to ensure that there is nothing
hanging around in memory causing this.

> Because sssd is generating a new one each time for now (yes it's a bug).

Yeah, just coming around to that concept.  Sorry for being so dense.

> Well I think people were worried that using a predictable name (krb5cc_%
> U) could be used by malicious user to mount symlink race attacks. We
> have just copied what is already an available scheme for the krb5
> libraries, although we might switch to a default of FILE:%d/krb5cc_%U
> for the 1.0 release to avoid issues.

Hrm.  Yeah.  On my non-sssd (pam_krb5) machine here, it's also a krb5cc_
%U_XXXXXX based filename, but everything here in an entire gnome-session
is using the same file, over and over again.

But I also note that on my non-sssd machines, every process has a
KRB5CCNAME environment variable, very likely simply through inheritance
from the process that started the entire login session.

sssd logins don't seem to be setting this variable for the children to
inherit which is likely the root of all of this issue.  Even a simple
ssh->sssd->bash does not populate the environment with a KRB5CCNAME
variable.

b.