Simo Sorce wrote:
> While working on a patch to use failover in the ldap driver I found a
> few bugs and a few things I felt missing.
>
> Attached a patch to fix bugs and add a function to get back a server
> name from a fo_server structure.
>
> Simo.
>
> P.S: if you are interested in the failover patch I have a working but
> unfinished patch here:
> http://fedorapeople.org/gitweb?p=simo/public_git/sssd.git;a=commit;h=29830482f5e44b5425fb91f82fd5a4ee692f3ae2

Just one thing. I was counting on the fact that the user of the fail
over will make sure that he doesn't try to create the same service
twice and doing so will mean a bug in the code. Looking at your patch
and having done a very quick look at your branch, it seems like you
count for this behavior (which I think is fairly reasonable). In that
case, could you also please change this debugging statement?

DEBUG(1, ("Service %s already exists\n", name));

Please either completely remove it, or (IMHO better) change the debug
level.

Regarding the ares error code, I'm not 100% sure what's the right
thing to do. Perhaps we should use a constant, like EIO and count on
the logging statement few lines up to be sufficient for the user. Any
other ideas?

Martin