Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> On 04/21/2010 08:35 AM, David O'Brien wrote:
>> Stephen Gallagher wrote:

>>> As Tomas said, we have eliminated the need for the user of the
>>> authconfig UI to know that SSSD is being used under the hood. The old UI
>>> was much too confusing for SSSD (and required a level of knowledge equal
>>> to or greater than editing the config file directly)
>>>
>>> Now, customers will be provided with SSSD silently if their
>>> configuration supports it.
>>>
>>> The configurations that will trigger the use of SSSD are:
>>>
>>> User Account Database: LDAP
>>> Authentication Method: LDAP or Kerberos
>>>
>> What happened to LOCAL/LOCAL?
>>
>> There is an example in the current doc that explains how to set up a
>> standalone, local SSSD domain, and I was in the process of using that to
>> put together a procedure using the GUI. That's what led to the initial
>> problem that started this thread. Maybe I need to rewind and start over...
>>

> LOCAL/LOCAL was put on the back-burner for the SSSD. It's not an
> interesting case at this time.

ok, thanks. I've raised a BZ (585075) for me to fix the relevant bits in
the Deployment Guide; how about the man page? Is anyone looking at that?

cheers

--

David O'Brien
Red Hat Asia Pacific Pty Ltd

He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains
a fool forever."
  ~ Chinese proverb