David O'Brien wrote:
> I'm trying to elaborate and improve the doc on configuring domains, and
> I'm looking for more info on how to use a proxy. I've been looking over
> what's in the sssd.conf man page, but unlike ldap and krb5, there is no
> man page "sssd-proxy".
>
> The very brief statement in the doc about using a proxy reads roughly
> "...[can use] an existing NSS library or customized PAM stack...", but
> this is not something I know much about, and wouldn't know how to set
> one up. A bit more info and an example would be great. Any volunteers?
>
> Thanks a lot.
I hate it when that happens... find more info 2 seconds after you hit
Send :(

Let me rephrase:
I have some basic info on proxy config options (proxy_pam_target and
proxy_lib_name).
"If proxy authentication is required"
  - when would this be true?

"you need to specify your own PAM target."
  - is it likely that users/sysadmins would write their own PAM target
in /etc/pam.d/?
  - example?

I'm right now attempting to get a handle on how proxy_lib_name works and
what options are available apart from nis. I think I need to read more
about LDAP, PAM, and *.*

cheers
--

David