On Tue, Nov 08, 2011 at 05:53:03PM +0200, Marko Myllynen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 2011-11-08 15:53, Pavel Zuna wrote:
> > SSSD configuration option for the Winbind provider can be found in
> > /etc/sssd/sssd.api.d/sssd-winbind.conf. The correspond pretty much to
> > Winbind options normally found in smb.conf.
>
> I looked at the configuration options provided and I think some
> additions might be helpful.
>
> +char const *winbind_option_names[WINBIND_OPTS_COUNT] = {
>
> In general, how do you setup "shared" things like logging level which is
> already done in sssd.conf but there seems to be no corresponding Winbind
> option available? For example, if one sets SSSD logging level to 9 will
> Winbind then be equally verbose in its logging?
>
> +    "template shell",          /* WINBIND_OPT_TEMPLATE_SHELL */
>
> Will this play nicely with existing sssd.conf options like vetoed_shells
> and shell_fallback? If "template shell" is being provided do you think
> "template homedir" would be useful, too?
>
> It should be possible to adjust "client ldap sasl wrapping", "ldap ssl",
> and "ldap ssl ads". "ldap debug level" probably not needed.

Are you sure the ldap options are used by winbind?

> I would be nice if one could set "winbind normalize names = yes".
>
> Not sure would "winbind use default domain = yes" be useful / possible.
> Same for "create krb5 conf = no".

I think most, if not all, comments are valid. But the idea was to have a
basic sssd winbind provider as an experimental feature in the sssd
master branch and add more features over time. Would you mind to open an
enhancement ticket in trac and add your comments there?

Thank you.

bye,
Sumit