On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 7:32 PM, Dmitri Pal <d...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 02/25/2012 05:46 PM, JR Aquino wrote:
> > On Feb 25, 2012, at 1:59 PM, "Marco Pizzoli" <marco.pizz...@gmail.com
> <mailto:marco.pizz...@gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> > Hi guys,
> > I had a look at this guide [1] but I'm not understanding the presented
> use-case.
> >
> > - I see that I have to add in /etc/nsswitch.conf the line "sudoers:
> files ldap".
> >    -> I'm telling sudo to check rules via ldap
> >

> > Yes.  This doc was written before sssd or sudo had support for one
> another.
> >
> > - I have to add in sssd.conf the directive "ldap_netgroup_search_base =
> cn=ng,cn=compat,dc=example,dc=com"
> >    -> I'm telling sssd where to search for netgroups
> >

> > This is my fault, this too was documented prior to the default.  This is
> no longer necessary.
> >
> > - I have to edit the file nslcd.conf and insert all ldap related stuff
> necessary to access the ldap server.
> >
> > This come my question: why do I have to split my conf between sssd.conf
> and nslcd.conf ?
> >

> > Because only the newest sudo version has support and it is not yet
> available In rhel...
> >

> > Can't I use directly sssd.conf and use it as sole tool/conf to access
> the ldap server?
> > What am I missing?
> >

> > Again. Docs were written before any form of sssd support for sudo.  I
> will see if I can locate any formal docs on which versions, and what
> configs are necessary.
> >

> > Thanks a lot as usual
> > Marco
> >

> This is not yet even in Fedora. 1.8 is not released yet, it is in beta.
> Tight SSSD and SUDO integration is a bleeding edge functionality that is
> not well documented yet.

Thanks to both of you for your answer, very appreciated.
I'm aware that SSSD and SUDO native integration is not released yet and so,
in a RHEL6 doc, I cannot find any info related to that (yet).

Simply, I was not sure that I really needed to touch nslcd.conf (even if
not actually using nslcd, by following what written in the doc) for having
sudo searching via ldap. I read documentation better and now I understand
more the logic flow. Sorry for the noise.

Thanks again
Marco