On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 09:10:04PM +0200, Jakub Hrozek wrote:
> To test, remove the openldap24 RPMs on RHEL5 systems and attempt to
> build the SSSD. Without the patch, compilation fails because there's no
> LDAPDerefRes. With the patch, the build process fails during configure.
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/ticket/1317

ACK, because I assume that LDAPDerefRes was introduced in OpenLDAP
together with, ldap_create_deref_control_value(),
ldap_parse_derefresponse_control() and ldap_derefresponse_free(). But if
time permits I wouldn't mind if you want to add those calls to
AC_CHECK_FUNCS in src/external/ldap.m4 as well.

bye,
Sumit