Dne 25.2.2013 11:50, Jakub Hrozek napsal(a):
On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 11:11:01AM +0100, David Bambušek wrote:
Greetings,
my name is David Bambusek, and I am working on an application , that will
be used as a tool for querying SSSD database. I am curently a student of
FIT VUT Brno and this is topic of my bachelor thesis. It will be a command
line application able to query various types of data, that is stored in
SSSD database. I made a web page, where I will add information about this
application I named sss_query, so far, you can find there information about
basic user interface ( www.bambusekd.cz/sss_query.html ).

My project is on my Github account
https://github.com/bambusekd/SSSD.git
there I created branch sss_query, where I work on my application

I will be glad for any advice, recommendation or comment to it.

Thanks

David Bambusek
Hi,

I have some questions and comments related to design:

1) I suggest to read the thread at:
https://lists.fedorahosted.org/pipermail/sssd-devel/2012-February/008712.html
if you haven't seen it already.

2) Have you seen samba's wbinfo tool? Maybe in your thesis you could
compare the two.

3) The list of objects to operate on is incomplete. You also need to
work with sudo rules, SSH hosts and I would also strongly suggest
including domains and subdomains. (for domains, include info like sysdb
domain version for instance). There should also be a way to perform
unkeyed search (=all objects of type X).

4) Is the output always going to include all attributes or were you
going to have a "human readable" and "raw" output? What about group
memberships? Are there any plans to merge functionality with the
sss_groupshow tool ?

5) There are a couple of tickets in the SSSD trac related to this
effort. Depending on the scope of your thesis you might want to assign
them to yourself.

The related tickets are:
https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/ticket/1220
https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/ticket/1221
https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/ticket/1222
https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/ticket/1223

Feel free to also create another ones.

6) Please also include plans for unit tests in your design and
implementation.
Hello,
I would like to ask for a little help with tests for my application. I went through source codes of tests in /src/tests and have been little bit confused from them. So far, I have always made tests for applications in bash, where I was testing the application on correct outputs from given inputs, but as I saw, you use quite different approach in SSSD. Do I understand correctly, that you make test for every function that you write? Is there any documentation/tutorial on how to make tests for code zou write? Or could you push me forward little bit or give me piece of advice, so I would know how to make tests for my application?

Thank you very much in advance
David Bambusek