On Mon, Aug 05, 2013 at 03:30:43PM -0400, Simo Sorce wrote:
> Optional (may be should be a separate ticket)
> We currently reinit by closing the file and creating a new one. We
> should not do that, we should rather reset the header and then just zero
> all the data and reinitialize all the various areas. The reason is that
> if we have some bad bug and we keep creating new files we might run out
> of space because clients may have old files open and mmapped, and unless
> they perform a new operations, they may not release them. Note we should
> *not* use ftruncate() here, just write the appropriate initialization
> values everywhere needed.

Thanks for the review Simo.

I would prefer this to be at least a separate commit, but preferably
even a separate ticket simply for the reason that any change outside a
simple patching might introduce regressions. Especially when it comes to
the memcache, which is mapped to the process's memory, I think we should
be double paranoid.