On (28/07/16 12:44), thierry bordaz wrote:

>On 07/28/2016 11:17 AM, Lukas Slebodnik wrote:

>> > I am not sure I understand why nsAccountLock is a special case ?
>> > In IPA/389:
>> >
>> > * Stage user, it is always 'nsaccountlock: True'
>> >    When stage entry is created or updated, 'modifytimestamp' is also
>> >    updated. So you can rely on modifytimestamp to detect a change in a
>> >    stage user.
>> >    There is no way to update nsaccountlock for a stage entry
>> > * Deleted user. Idem Stage user
>> We haven't tested stage users yet. I ran just sssd related regression tests.
>>
>> > * Regular user. 'nsaccountlock' is *not* a virtual attribute, so if it
>> >    is enable/disable you can rely on modifytimestamp to detect a change
>> >    of 'nsaccountlock' for a regular user.
>> >    Also any change on regular user will update 'modifytimestamp' so you
>> >    can rely on it to detect a change.
>> >
>> My experience with ns-inactivate.pl and ns-activate.pl is different.
>> modifytimestamp is not changed even though nsaccountlock was changed.
>>
>> It was a plain 389-ds with id_provider ldap in sssd
>>
>> LS
>Hi Lukas,
>

>It may have change recently because I can not reproduce. What versions are
>you running ?
>
>   #
>   #initial entry
>   #
>   ldapsearch -LLL -o ldif-wrap=no -D "cn=directory manager" -w xxx -b
>   "cn=accounts, <suffix>" 'uid=user0' nsaccountlock modifytimestamp
>   createtimestamp
>   dn: uid=user0,cn=users,cn=accounts,<suffix>
>   modifytimestamp: *20160728103441Z*
>   createtimestamp: 20160726160436Z
>
>   #
>   # Inactivate: modifytimestamp changed
>   #
>   /usr/sbin/ns-inactivate.pl -Z <instance> -D "cn=directory manager"
>   -w xxx -I uid=user0,cn=users,cn=accounts,<suffix>
>   uid=user0,cn=users,cn=accounts,<suffix> inactivated.
>
>   ldapsearch -LLL -o ldif-wrap=no -D "cn=directory manager" -w xxx -b
>   "cn=accounts, <suffix>" 'uid=user0' nsaccountlock modifytimestamp
>   createtimestamp
>   dn: uid=user0,cn=users,cn=accounts,<suffix>
>   nsaccountlock: true
>   modifytimestamp: *20160728103642Z*
>   createtimestamp: 20160726160436Z
>
>   #
>   # activate: modifytimestamp changed
>   #
>   /usr/sbin/ns-activate.pl -Z <instance> -D "cn=directory manager" -w
>   xxx -I uid=user0,cn=users,cn=accounts,<suffix>
>   uid=user0,cn=users,cn=accounts,<suffix> activated.
>
>   ldapsearch -LLL -o ldif-wrap=no -D "cn=directory manager" -w xxx -b
>   "cn=accounts, <suffix>" 'uid=user0' nsaccountlock modifytimestamp
>   createtimestamp
>   dn: uid=user0,cn=users,cn=accounts,<suffix>
>   modifytimestamp: *20160728103711Z*
>   createtimestamp: 20160726160436Z

rhel7.3
389-ds-base-1.3.5.10-5.el7.x86_64

But I didn't test directly with user but indirectly

*Add Managed role
  dn: cn=managed,ou=people,dc=example,dc=com
  objectclass: top
  objectclass: LdapSubEntry
  objectclass: nsRoleDefinition
  objectclass: nsSimpleRoleDefinition
  objectclass: nsManagedRoleDefinition
  cn: Managed

*Authenticate with lockuser

*Add user to managed role
  dn: uid=lockuser,ou=people,dc=example,dc=com
  changetype: modify
  add: nsRoleDN
  nsRoleDN: cn=managed,ou=people,dc=example,dc=com

ns-inactivate.pl -D cn=Manager,dc=example,dc=com" -E -p 389 \
    -h $SERVER -I cn=managed,ou=people,dc=example,dc=com

*Authenticate with lockuser

ns-activate.pl -D cn=Manager,dc=example,dc=com" -E -p 389 \
    -h $SERVER -I cn=managed,ou=people,dc=example,dc=com

*Authenticate with lockuser

Should I test with rhel7.2 or is it an expected behaviour ?

LS