Summary for Alexander (in CC):
- Regarding processing GPOs on the client.
- If groupPolicyContainer in AD has attribute
  gPCMachineExtensionNames that contains only whitespaces, SSSD
  fails to process GPOs and denies access to users
- if the gPCMachineExtensionNames is missing, it is Ok and
  SSSD skips such GPO (because we are only interested in
  Machine extensions)
- We have customer that has thousands of GPOs stored in AD and
  some of them have just ' ' (space) in the gPCMachineExtensionNames
  attribute. The AD administrators say that they created the GPOs
  using the GUI provided by AD.
- Treating the gPCMachineExtensionNames with just whitespaces the
  same way as if the gpcMachineExtensionNames was missing completely
  fixed the issue for the customer.

- Now, it would be good to support the fix with some links to
  documentation.

- I believe we should go with that fix, but could not find any
  documentation that would explicitly say something about just
  whitespaces  in the gpcMachineExtensionNames
- Gunter could also not find documentation that would say something
  about just whitespaces in that attribute, but believes that we should
  use the fix and skip such attributes.

Alexander, can you try to find something in the MSDN documentation,
that would support our fix? If not, then just what is your opinion?

Thanks (the original conversation is below - does not include Gunter
because that was on IRC).