On Tue, Aug 09, 2016 at 12:57:58PM +0200, Petr Cech wrote:

> > I think this name is fine, but I would prefer to not use the variable in
> > the code, except for setting it after the temporary file is created and
> > then set the variable back to NULL after the temporary file is renamed
> > to the real one.
>
> Addressed.
>
> Thanks Jakub, it looks better. :-)

OK, now I actually tested the patch and it regresses the way we handle
code, the provider then tries to parse the child output, which is not
there..

I think the easiest way would be to define a return code of ldap_child
that would be used in exit in the signal handler and the back end code
would print a nice debug message telling the admin that the child timed
out.