On (16/08/16 09:57), Justin Stephenson wrote:
>Thanks for the info, yes please go ahead and squash them.
>
>Kind regards,
>Justin Stephenson
>
>On 08/16/2016 09:32 AM, Jakub Hrozek wrote:
>> On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 11:26:15AM -0400, Justin Stephenson wrote:
>> > code patch and man page attached, also added the PATCH: prefix to the
>> > commit
>> > message for the code patch.
>> You don't have to add the PATCH prefix, git adds that automatically when
>> you format the patch with "git format-patch".
We have a basic template fot git commit messages.
But It need to be enabled by developer.
e.g. git config commit.template .git-commit-template
https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/sssd.git/commit/?id=3d9edb4c510028def2df41aa7b0ce705b197e6fc

BTW Michal recently updated our contribution wiki page
and information about git commit template is already there :-)
https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/wiki/Contribute

LS