On (15/11/16 10:03), Lukas Slebodnik wrote:
>On (15/11/16 09:39), Jakub Hrozek wrote:
>>On Wed, Nov 09, 2016 at 04:44:12PM +0100, Petr Cech wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I came back to ticket #3222 "sssd still showing ipa user after removed from
>>> last group" [1]. And I have new knowledge. But I still do not see the light
>>> at the end of the tunnel.
>>>
>>> [1] https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/ticket/3222
>>>
>>> I attached patch which enables some basic debug on using of memcache. And
>>> two reproducers (with and without memcache) which are based on reproducer
>>> written in ticket.
>>>
>>> If we use memcache, the issue occurs only sometimes.
>>>
>>> The difference between both cases is mixed state of switch after
>>> sss_nss_mc_getgrnam() call in _nss_sss_getgrnam_r() function.
>>>
>>> Note: code says (for default case):
>>> /* if using the mmaped cache failed,
>>>  * fall back to socket based comms */
>>>

>>> Could anyone help, please?
>>
>>Hi Petr,
>>
>>this really seems like an issue with memory cache. I'm not an expert
>>there, unfortunately, so I wonder what Michal and Lukas think..
>I cannot see any problem with memory cache here.
>The same data are stored to memory cache as are returned
>to client. If there is a bug then the bug is before storing
>data to memory cache. They might be caused by some race condition caused
>by different timeout for various entries in memory cache.

BTW, It looks like I can reproduce similar intermitent failures
with downstream test (user-membership-list) as well.

The only problem is that I cannot reproduce it on el6.8
which has sssd-1.13.3-22. And memory cache was changed last time
in sssd-1.13.2 (https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/ticket/2726)

The bug has to be on responder side.

LS