Title: #107: WATCHDOG: Avoid non async-signal-safe from the signal_handler

lslebodn commented:
"""
On (12/12/16 01:20), fidencio wrote:
>While debugging rhbz#1396912 some deadlock on sssd_be was noticed[0] and
>it's been caused by the use of non async-signal-safe functions from the
>signal_handler (please, see man 7 signal for more info about which are
>the async-signal-safe functions that can be used).
>
>The removal of those functions we lose some debug messages,
If these messages are important we can write them(static strings) to stderr
or other file descriptor directly with write which can be safely
called inside signal handler.

>which is the
>least of problems now. Also instead of re-setting the watchdog timeout
>in case of time-shift (please, see b8ceaeb for more info), let's just
>re-set the timer's time.
>
>Along with this commit, the function to teardown the watchdog has been
>removed as it's not used anymore.

Must not be removed.

One of the main usesaces is to disable watchdog for debugging with gdb.
It is very usefull. You might add comment there why it should not be removed.

NOTE: I didn't read the patch. Just commenting commit message.

LS

"""

See the full comment at
https://github.com/SSSD/sssd/pull/107#issuecomment-266418517