On 03/31/2017 03:23 PM, Jakub Hrozek wrote:
On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 11:50:15AM +0200, Lukas Slebodnik wrote:
On (31/03/17 11:00), Pavel Březina wrote:
On 03/31/2017 10:35 AM, Lukas Slebodnik wrote:
On (30/03/17 21:18), Jakub Hrozek wrote:
Hi,

-- we're not currently using it, but we're rather using Martin Basti's
mail notifier.

+1

At the same time, I'd like to add a mirror of
https://pagure.io/SSSD/docs to github in order to follow the same
process for both docs and code. Right now it's quite confusing to have
PRs for code on one place and PRs for docs on another.

-1

Pagure has pull requests as well.

We are used to github, I have scripts built around it, let's stick with one
service.
<joking> OK move everything to pagure </joking>

It is totally different repo. And we need to be sure that it works well
(renders properly) in pagure. So the benefit of SSSD/docs on github
is minimal. And I do not expect very high traffic(many PRs) in docs repo.

I don't insist on the PRs for our docs submissions for docs and the
rendering is a good point. But I still think it would be nice to have
the docs repo mirrored as well at least to make it better discoverable.

Also github has a almost-wysiwyg editor which might be an easy way for
non-developers to submit PRs for docs. Because my main gripe with the
docs in RST is that they are not as easy to write as the fedorahosted
wiki pages used to be.

We can also allow markdown in favor of rst, I find it easier to write (though mainly because I'm more familiar with it through github).

http://www.sphinx-doc.org/en/stable/markdown.html

I already had a patch available, then I converted the document to rest since this version of markdown does not contain diagrams.