On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 03:29:02PM +0100, Howard Johnson wrote:
> Cheers for the feedback.
>
> On 2017-06-28 12:14, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
>
> > We are going to introduce a special type of groups where membership
> > reading would be limited to some conditions but this would not be
> > relevant to HBAC, at least from my current understanding of the
> > situation. This is to support organizational groups, not host-based
> > access rights.
>
> I guess at worst for this we might need a new set of
> role/privilege/permission that would allow viewing of all memberOf
> attributes.
>
> > On ti, 27 kesä 2017, Jakub Hrozek wrote:
> > > There were requests to implement authentication over the D-bus
> > > interface
> > > in the past and we were quite reluctant to them, but IIRC that was
> > > because PAM handles prompting for the secrets, passing auth tokens and
> > > it's just well battle-tested.
>
> Yeah, that absolutely makes sense.
>
> > > But I don't see the same issues with an authorization call.
>
> Excellent :)
>
> > > I would prefer another interface than infopipe (authzpipe?), but in
> > > general, as long as the interface is restricted to authorization and
> > > not
> > > authentication, I don't see an inherent issue.
>
> Would the authzpipe be another interface provided by sssd_ifp, or would you
> want another process (say, sssd_azp) to provide it?

I think reusing the same responder is OK, but I would prefer another
interface. I don't know if we have any issues supporting multiple
interfaces from the same process, but if we do, it's a bug and should be
fixed.

> I guess then if I were to start working up some patches, I wouldn't be
> wasting everyone's time? :)

Could you please write up a design page first?

Check e.g.
https://docs.pagure.org/SSSD.sssd/design_pages/non_posix_support.html

The source can be found in our docs repo:
    https://pagure.io/SSSD/docs
here:
    https://pagure.io/SSSD/docs/blob/master/f/design_pages/non_posix_support.rst
(submitting a PR against the docs repo is enough)