On pe, 03 marras 2017, Lukas Slebodnik wrote:
On (03/11/17 07:55), Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
On pe, 03 marras 2017, smfre...@gmail.com wrote:
I am expecting that RHEL7.5 still has problems with Samba and SSSD
library problems e.g. I see this comment indicating that RHEL 7.5 beta
sssd (even with default Samba in RHEL) is broken
https://github.com/cockpit-project/cockpit/issues/7916
There is no RHEL 7.5 beta available yet.

At any given release, samba+libldb in that release is consistent. The
problem only occurs if you are intentionally building Samba (or libldb)
version which is incompatible with what is in the platform.

Since you want to build Samba git master and that one requires libldb
1.3, anything built against 1.2.2 is not compatible with libldb 1.3.
That's the problem.

This means if you truly want to get libldb 1.3 and git master of Samba
on your system, you need to rebuild SSSD yourself.

Just a small correction.
libldb-1.2.2 and libldb-1.3.0 works well with sssd and does not require
any rebuild of sssd.

From SSSD Point of view, there is just a problem with older or newer
version than libldb-1.1.30.

And it was solved in fedora on rpm level to check that and prevent
crashes

fedora <= 26:
* has libldb-1.1.29
* conflict in sssd spec file
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/sssd/blob/f26/f/sssd.spec#_254

fedora >= 27
* has libldb 1.2.2 (1.3.0 in updates-testing)
* sssd requires libldb >= 1.2
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/sssd/blob/f27/f/sssd.spec#_256
Thanks, Lukas. I forgot that the split was at 1.1.30.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy