Title: #531: Add the needed machinery to have automated builds for our COPR
repos

fidencio commented:
"""
> I'm fine with this plan for master, but do you think it's wise with our level
> of testing to build packages after every commit?

Maybe I should be more conservative (and here I'm quite opened to be convinced
to do so), but if someone decides to use sssd-1-13 or sssd-master **copr** they
pretty much know what they signed for.

Those repos are **not** supposed to be delivered to customers, at all, but to
help people help us with early test of a release (and here, again, they'd know
what they signed up for).

Considering we don't have this for every commit, what would be your idea? What
kind of content would be okay enough to trigger a update in a non supported
copr repo? IMO ... if we don't do this for every commit (but do it monthly,
let's say), I'd prefer to stick to do smaller releases, way more often and then
make the copr repos something that's not even needed.

> We also try to check the greentea tests at least before releases to make sure
> no regressions are introduced and sometimes this takes quite a bit of time
> between the test breaks and the fix is introduced.

Yep, but here we're talking about releases. A copr repo is not an official
release and should not be treated as so. Again, I do believe that people using
it know what they're signing up for (and I may be wrong here :-))

> So I would vote to only use this mechanism for the master branch. If you
> think there are users of the other branches for every commit, then I would
> prefer to have a separate branch where we build only the releases and a
> separate git-tracking branch that would be built automatically.

I don't see the point on not having sssd-1-13 releases for instance. Correct me
if I'm mistaken, but I don't think this branch is currently tested apart from
integration/unit tests when something new is pushed there ... by providing the
copr repo someone would at least be able to give it a try (and it's totally for
free for us).

Although, I'm not in the project for time enough to properly understand your
concerns.
What are the problems you see that may hit us in the future in case we have the
copr repos updated on every commit on those branches ... considering that
releases will still happen on those and the releases are the "stable" version?

> btw now I wonder if the only-releases-go-here branch could also be automated
> in the sense that a build would only happen in the branch when a new tag is
> added..

I'm not sure how easy it would be, but I can spend some time investigating it.
"""

See the full comment at
https://github.com/SSSD/sssd/pull/531#issuecomment-372472945