Thanks Sumit.

PAM_TEXT_INFO is being used to inform user about the type of challenge which is
determined at run time from the back end system based on user account
configuration. It can be otp verification, security questions etc. And yes
sssdproxycustom is a pam service.

However i am able to make this functionality work by disabling sssdauth and
adding pam_custom.so in pam service.

Run below command to disable sssdauth
authconfig  --enablesssd --disablesssdauth --enablemkhomedir --enablepamaccess
--update

edit sshd service .  ( /etc/pamd./sshd) file I have modified to include
pam_custom.so
auth  sufficient pam_custom.so
auth       include      password-auth

Not sure if this is right approach. I can only think of this solution if I sssd
does not support this functionality at all.