On Mon, 2020-02-24 at 16:08 +0100, Debarshi Ray wrote:
> Hey,
>
> On Fri, Feb 21, 2020 at 7:26 PM Robbie Harwood <rharw...@redhat.com> wrote:
> > CCing some GOA folks.  I believe their preference was for the inotify
> > approach.
> >
> > Moreover, I'd like to provide a consistent interface to all of the
> > ccaches from krb5.  I'm not going to be able to do that if dbus becomes
> > involved (for a variety of reasons).
>
> The GOA code monitoring Kerberos credentials caches is already custom
> made for each different cache type.
>
> So far it has only been inotify for FILE and DIR caches, but we are
> currently working on adding notification support for KEYRING caches
> based on David Howell's ongoing kernel work. See:
> https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-online-accounts/-/merge_requests/47

I am worried it will take longer still:
https://lkml.org/lkml/2020/1/15/1030

BNu twho knows, Linus can change mind quickly.

> I don't particularly expect D-Bus signals for KCM caches. If it's
> D-Bus, then we will add another code path for KCM, if it's something
> else, we will try to fit it in as best as we can.
>
> Of course, a unified libkrb5 API would be really nice.

My personal comments were going in this direction, however I do not
have a strong preference and if there is consistent investment that we
want to preserve I won't complain.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce