Title: #5766: [WiP] Sources cleanup - part 3.

pbrezina commented:
"""
> > > * incorporate "lib secrets" into KCM since there are no other users
> >

> > If you want to touch this, it might be good to investigate if it is still
> > needed. libsecrets was created to share code between secrets responder and
> > kcm (since first implementation of kcm talked to secrets via its rest api).
> > It is however affected by the rest api usage, for example it converts key
> > to urls to dn which is not needed anymore. Perhaps it would be enough to
> > use sysdb instead and remove libsecrets completely.
>
> Right, once `libsecrets` drops encryption support entirely, it might happen
> we can just add some helpers to sysdb instead of `libsecrets`. It's just
> easier for me to do this step by step.
>
> > > * to check if `kcm_ops_queue*` layer is still needed (most probably
> > > answer is "no" because only sync backends are now available) and remove
> > > it not
> >

> > This is questionable. Once you remove secrets backend, we can (and should)
> > convert all tevent-based api of the backend to sync calls. But perhaps we
> > will need some async calls in the future as well so it might be beneficial
> > to keep the queue mechanism (or make it easily revertable).
>
> I can leave this intact.
> I worry it adds some latency (but not sure).

It can be removed for sync api, I would just like to be able to reimplement it
easily if it is ever needed again. But perhaps it can be replaced by
tevent_queue in which case it does not matter, I'm not sure.

"""

See the full comment at
https://github.com/SSSD/sssd/pull/5766#issuecomment-908352571