On (30/10/13 11:40), Sumit Bose wrote:
>On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 12:18:44PM +0200, Sami K wrote:
>> Hello,
>>

>> ps. Quick test on a Fedora 19 and sssd-1.11.1-4.fc19 made the same queries
>> in 7 seconds or less so apparently some progress in performance has been
>> done. Any idea when would RHEL6 sssd be rebased? I tried to compile latest
>> git-version on RHEL6 but I couldn't find all required components (for ex.
>> configure: error: you must have the cifsidmap header installed to build the
>> idmap plugin).
>
>sorry for that, please use the configure option
>--disable-cifs-idmap-plugin to get around this. It is already tracked to
>make the cifsidmap support optional
>(https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/ticket/2125).

It is possible to creare src.rpm directly from tarball (sssd>1.10)
or git repository with script "make_srpm.sh".
This script is located in subdirectory "contrib/fedora/"

Then you can rebuild src.rpm with rpmbuild or mock without any problem,
because cifs-plugin is automatically disabled for older distributions
in spec file.

Last note, if you wanted to use newer version on RHEL6 I would
suggest to build sssd from 1.11 branch. Master branch needn't be very
stable for production release and 1.11 branch does not have cifs plugin.

LS