On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 01:50:05PM +0200, Günther J. Niederwimmer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am new with sssd and Linux but I mean it is possible ;-)
>
> I have a centos system created with IPA authentication.
>
> My problem is dovecot in the moment?
>
> is it possible to adapt the Dovecot file for PAM to use sssd
>
> The origin file have this in /etc/pam.d/dovecot
>
> #%PAM-1.0
> auth       required     pam_nologin.so
> auth       include      password-auth
> account    include      password-auth
> session    include      password-auth
>
> I missing sssd and hope afterward I have a correct authentication.
>
> can any please help for this Problem.
>
> I know some is missing for this, "NSS authentication" but this is to high for
> me.
>
> Thanks for a answer,

As long as password-auth includes pam_sss.so (typically configured via
authconfig or realmd) and dovecot is configured to use PAM, you should
be good to go.

btw since you're using IPA, there are some community delivered howtos on
the subject:
    http://www.freeipa.org/page/Dovecot_Integration

http://www.freeipa.org/page/Dovecot_IMAPS_Integration_with_FreeIPA_using_Single_Sign_On