On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 10:29:06PM +0100, Bolke de Bruin wrote:

> > Op 27 jan. 2016, om 22:25 heeft Jakub Hrozek <jhro...@redhat.com> het
> > volgende geschreven:

> >> Correct.

> >> Sure. I would prefer RPMs (this is on RHEL 6 and 7) but I can compile if
> >> required.
> >>

> > This issue must be fixed with sssd on the IPA server itself. Please send me
> > your exact sssd version (rpm -q output) and I'll build you a test package
> > tomorrow..
> >

> rpm -qa sssd*
> sssd-common-pac-1.13.0-40.el7_2.1.x86_64
> sssd-krb5-1.13.0-40.el7_2.1.x86_64
> sssd-client-1.13.0-40.el7_2.1.x86_64
> sssd-krb5-common-1.13.0-40.el7_2.1.x86_64
> sssd-ipa-1.13.0-40.el7_2.1.x86_64
> sssd-ldap-1.13.0-40.el7_2.1.x86_64
> sssd-proxy-1.13.0-40.el7_2.1.x86_64
> sssd-common-1.13.0-40.el7_2.1.x86_64
> sssd-ad-1.13.0-40.el7_2.1.x86_64
> sssd-1.13.0-40.el7_2.1.x86_64
>

> To confirm: Is the idea behind your patches that it will enumerate users in
> groups that have not logged before? Ie. I have no means to determine which
> users are in a group on the sssd/ipa side.

Hello Bolke, please try these builds:
https://jhrozek.fedorapeople.org/sssd-test-builds/sssd-7.2-external-groups/

These do resolve the AD members via an IPA group for me:
    # rm -f /var/lib/sss/db/cache_ipa.test.ldb
    # systemctl start sssd.service
    # getent group l_idm_admin
    l_idm_admin:*:1190000005:administra...@win.trust.test,pku...@win.trust.test

The groups are defined like this:
# ipa group-show l_idm_admin
  Group name: l_idm_admin
  GID: 1190000005
  Member groups: l_idm_admin_external
# ipa group-show l_idm_admin_external
  Group name: l_idm_admin_external
  Member of groups: l_idm_admin
  External member: extgr...@win.trust.test, administra...@win.trust.test

(So the code even crawls the AD group and unrolls the pkuser from there)