On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 12:37:50PM -0000, k...@unwire.dk wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I have the following scenario :
>
> -'example.com' domain running on premises
> -'aws.example.com' domain running on 'Amazon Microsoft AD' in VPC with VPN
> connection to on premises.
> - One-way trust created from aws.example.com to example.com

I'm sorry, but sssd so far only supports domains a single forest. You
can either join the client to each of the forests (and create multiple
domain sections in sssd.conf) or use freeipa as you said or use winbind.

> I´m currently able to log in to a Windows server joined to aws.example.com
> using example.com credentials.
> Now i want the same for our Linux servers running in Amazon VPC and have
> tried using this guide.:
> http://docs.aws.amazon.com/directoryservice/latest/admin-guide/join_linux_instance.html
>
> I am able to login using credentials from aws.example.com like this .:
>   ssh u...@aws.example.com (user is present in this domain)
> But i am not able to do it using
>   ssh u...@example.com (user is present in this domain)
>
> I have searched a lot on this topic and saw freeipa mentioned a few times,
> but i would rather avoid having to use extra software if necessary.

Yes, freeipa can help here in the sense that you would establish a trust
to each of these forests.