On Mon, Oct 23, 2017 at 09:33:11PM +0200, Michael Ströder wrote:
> Jakub Hrozek wrote:

> >> I'm looking at the man pages generated by the RPM build on openSUSE
> >> build server which IIRC used to work up to sssd release 1.15.2:
> >>
> >> https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/home:stroeder:branches:network:ldap/sssd/sssd.spec?expand=1
> >
> > Nothing changed there for a long time.. If you build the last-known-good
> > (so, 1.15.2) tarball in exactly the same build root, the man pages are
> > rendered fine?
>
> Ummpf! It seems that the man pages were broken recently even for the
> 1.15.2 builds.
>
> Any hints which man build tools to check?
> Related build dependencies seem to be:
>
> BuildRequires:  docbook-xsl-stylesheets
> BuildRequires:  libxml2-tools
> BuildRequires:  libxslt-tools

Right, you should be able to build the man page from the command line by
calling e.g.:

/usr/bin/xsltproc -o sssd.8  --catalogs
--xinclude --nonet --stringparam profile.condition
"with_false;with_sudo;with_autofs;with_ssh;with_pac_responder;with_ifp;gpo_default_enforcing;with_secrets;have_systemd;no_enable_files_domain;with_kcm"
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/profile-docbook.xsl
/home/remote/jhrozek/devel/sssd/src/man/sssd.8.xml

(Sorry for the super-long line, I just copied it from buildroot on my laptop..)

I'd try if going back to either an older OpenSuse buildroot or an older
sssd tarball makes any difference..