On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 9:14 PM, Mario Rossi <mro...@hostopia.com> wrote:

> There are a couple of things to check, older versions of sssd package sudo
> in a separate rpm and not all versions of sudo integrate with sssd, upgrade
> to the latest sudo package that your distro supports, just in case.
>
> If sssd.conf has the proper refereces to sudo e.g.
>
> services = nss, pam, sudo, ssh
> [sudo]
> # debug_level=9
> [domain/XYZ]
>
> sudo_provider = ldap
> ldap_sudo_search_base = ou=sudoers,dc=example,dc=net
> ldap_sudo_full_refresh_interval = 86400
> ldap_sudo_smart_refresh_interval = 3600
>
> Additional troubleshooting steps:
> Flush sssd cache just in case with  sss_cache -E , as root on the server,
> su to the user, do id -G myuser, id myuser, after which try logging in with
> ssh as the user and use sudo. List all sudo rules, as root, with: sudo -U
> myuser -l
>
> I almost forgot, /etc/nsswitch.conf must have a sudoers line to point to
> sssd:
> $ egrep sudo /etc/nsswitch.conf
> sudoers:    files sss

Thanks for your reply.

sudo is now working as well, with this config

$ cat /etc/pam.d/sudo
#%PAM-1.0
*auth       sufficient   pam_sss.so*
account    include      system-auth
password   include      system-auth
session    optional     pam_keyinit.so revoke
session    required     pam_limits.so

If you still see issues , I would recommend turning debugging on for sssd,
> sudo, looking through openldap logs for queries done by sssd. In addition,
> the next link might also help.
>
> https://jhrozek.livejournal.com/2065.html

I will bookmark this link.

> Let us know how it goes. I assumed your openldap is loading the sudo
> schema and you have configured at least one rule in openldap for sudo. In
> my environment I modified the sudo password prompt ( see option passprompt)
> , that way I can distinguish between a non-ldap sudo and sssd-enabled sudo
> :)

Yes I modified the passprompt too :-)

> Let us know how it goes ...

Appreciate your help!

> [...]
>>> try_first_pass use_authtok
>>> password    required      pam_deny.so
>>>
>>> session     optional      pam_sss.so
>>> session     optional      pam_keyinit.so revoke
>>> session     required      pam_limits.so
>>> session     optional      pam_mkhomedir.so
>>> session     [success=1 default=ignore] pam_succeed_if.so service in
>>> crond quiet use_uid
>>> session     required      pam_unix.so
>>>
>>> On 10/26/2017 07:34 PM, Asif Iqbal wrote:
>>>
>>> With pam_securid.so
>>>
>>> I can on /etc/pam.d/sshd
>>>
>>>    auth sufficient pam_securid.so
>>>
>>> and at ssh login, I just put PIN at Password: prompt and then I get
>>> Enter SMS Token: prompt and I can then put the
>>> tokencode and I can ssh into the server fine.
>>>
>>> If I do the same with pam_sss.so it keeps asking for Password: and never
>>> changes the prompt to Enter SMS Token: and ssh fails badly.
>>> At this second Password: prompt I tried with just tokencode (at 18:45:34
>>> in log below) or PIN and tokencode (at 18:47:55). Neither let
>>> me in and failed eventually.
>>>
>>> I think it is because pam_sss -> proxy -> securid -> pam_securd is
>>> failing to handle PAM conversation?
>>>
>>> Is there a way to fix that to so pam_sss to behave the right way and let
>>> authenticate in two steps with PIN and then TokenCode on next step?
>>>
>>> Also without this PAM conversation, when the PIN expires it will not let
>>> you update it. With simple pam.d/sshd and auth sufficient pam_securid.so
>>> that works very well as well.
>>>
>>> I have sssd.conf setup like this
>>>    auth_server = proxy
>>>    proxy_target_pam = securid
>>>
>>> And in pam.d/securid file
>>>   auth sufficient pam_securid.so
>>>
>>> Here are some log http://dpaste.com/2HD27XH.txt where
>>>    I tried with PIN at first Password: prompt and then TokenCode at
>>> second Password: prompt at 18:45:34 and failed to login
>>> And
>>>    I tried with PIN at first Password: prompt and then PIN and TokenCode
>>> at second Password: prompt at 18:47:55 and failed to login
>>>
>>> I tried with SElinux off and on and same result
>>>
>>> If I put PIN and TokenCode at the first Password: prompt, login works
>>> fine . I did not put any log for that here.
>>>
>>> Any suggestion how to fix pam_sss for OTP?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>

>>> --
>>> Asif Iqbal
>>> PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu
>>> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
>>> Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

>> --
>> Asif Iqbal
>> PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu
>> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
>> Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
>>

> --
> Asif Iqbal
> PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu
> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.

Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?