> On 5 Apr 2018, at 19:56, Max DiOrio <mdio...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I’m guessing someone was thinking that the group lookup was case sensitive
> and entered it both ways to rule that out.

I wonder if you know how did they manage to put the duplicate entries into AD?
I tried with ADSI edit and got an error about a duplicate attribute value. I
suspect this might be a bug in SSSD. If the domain is known to be
case-insensitive, like AD and if the values differ by case only, then the
values can be just lowercased and sssd should write only the single lowercase
value (and then sssd-sudo knows to look up the rules in a case-insensitive
manner).

>  Ends up breaking the storing of the rules and it seems if one rule fails to
> be stored, they all are.  Not necessarily the best thing to do maybe?

In the typical case I would agree, but sudo also supports exclusion
(“!command", run any command except the specified one) which I think is quite a
misfeature and then failing to save a rule might cause to fail to save the
exclusion..

I don’t know if anyone actually uses the exclusion, because, realistically,
with LDAP it would have to be used together with sudoOrder to make sure you get
the right ordering of rules. Maybe we could fix/extend SSSD so that if no
sudoCommand contains the exclamation, then we can be permissive in saving the
rules. Would you mind opening an upstream ticket for that? I’m not sure if it’s
something any of the core developers would jump to fixing, but it sounds to me
like a nice task for someone looking to contribute to sssd :-)