From: James Ralston [mailto:rals...@pobox.com]
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2018 5:34 PM
To: End-user discussions about the System Security Services Daemon
<sssd-users@lists.fedorahosted.org>
Subject: [SSSD-users] Re: recreate machine keytab file

On Mon, Jul 9, 2018 at 8:19 AM Ondrej Valousek <ondrej.valou...@s3group.com>
wrote:

> Is there any way how can we recreate system keytab file of a machine
> joined to AD if the file has been broken/deleted?
>
> I want to avoid doing join again as this would probably delete the
> existing account (with all attributes we have set).

The latest version of the msktutil utility (version 1.1) can do this:

    https://github.com/msktutil/msktutil/

Remove the corrupted /etc/krb5.keytab file, change the password of the host
machine account in AD to a temporary password, and then run:

    $ msktutil --update --computer-name SHORTHOSTNAMEALLCAPS
--old-account-password <temporary_password> --verbose --verbose

This should change the host machine account password in AD to a new
(random) password, and then create a new /etc/krb5.keytab file with all
relevant entries.

Depending on your AD configuration, you might need to use the
--dont-update-dnshostname option as well.

-----

The information contained in this e-mail and in any attachments is confidential
and is designated solely for the attention of the intended recipient(s). If you
are not an intended recipient, you must not use, disclose, copy, distribute or
retain this e-mail or any part thereof. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete all copies of this
e-mail from your computer system(s). Please direct any additional queries to:
communicati...@s3group.com. Thank You. Silicon and Software Systems Limited (S3
Group). Registered in Ireland no. 378073. Registered Office: South County
Business Park, Leopardstown, Dublin 18.