> Jakub Hrozek <jhro...@redhat.com> hat am 26. September 2019 um 14:52
> geschrieben:
>

> On Tue, Sep 24, 2019 at 01:21:45PM +0200, w...@mailbox.org wrote:
> > Hello list,
> > I'm trying to setup sssd to access automounter rules stored on an AD (samba
> > 4.7.6).
> > I followed the instructions on this site, however it doesn't work for me.
> > https://ovalousek.wordpress.com/2015/08/03/autofs/
> > In the sssd_logfile I see, that the "auto.master" map is found by sssd
> > within the ldap search path.
> > However, the reference to the auto.home and the corresponding user mounts
> > does not seem to be found.
> >
> > Using sssd to authenticate against Active Directory works well.
> >
> > Any ideas what's going wrong here? Thanks for looking in this issue!
>
> Normally when I debug automounter issues, I used to run automount -m on
> the foreground in one terminal and try to correlate those with the sssd
> logs tailing in another terminal.
>
> Can you paste those?

Thanks, for that advice!
I stopped the automounter daemon and run the automounter in the foreground:

root@fs1:~# automount -f -v
Starting automounter version 5.1.2, master map /etc/auto.master
using kernel protocol version 5.02
no mounts in table

After that I restart the sssd daemon and dump the automounter maps in another
terminal:

root@fs1:~# automount -m

autofs dump map information
===========================

global options: none configured
no master map entries found

However the automounter still gives no further output.
After that, I moved the empty /etc/auto.master away and restart the automounter
in the foreground:

root@fs1:~# automount -f -v
Starting automounter version 5.1.2, master map /etc/auto.master
using kernel protocol version 5.02
lookup(file): file map /etc/auto.master missing or not readable no mounts in
table

No additional output from the automounter after restarting sssd.
In the logs of the sssd at startup I found the following:

(Fri Sep 27 08:13:46 2019) [sssd[be[info.privat]]] [dp_get_options] (0x0400):
Option ldap_autofs_search_base has value ou=automount,dc=informatik,dc=privat
(Fri Sep 27 08:13:46 2019) [sssd[be[info.privat]]] [dp_get_options] (0x0400):
Option ldap_autofs_map_master_name has value auto.master

Why is the automounter not looking for the maps from the sssd daemon? I think,
that the automounter doesn't communicate with the sssd daemon for automounter
maps, although the nsswitch.conf looks like this:

automount:      files sss

Do I miss something or how can I narrow down the problem?

Thanks!
Peter