On 10/23/19 11:31 PM, Erinn Looney-Triggs wrote:
Folks I am in the process of working through this but I thought I would throw it out just in case there were other thoughts or I was chasing down the wrong lane.

We have a requirement for sudo to use a different password than the user password where I work. Now in RHEL 7 we implemented this requirement by modifying the pam stack for sudo to use the pam_krb5 module like the following:

auth required pam_env.so
auth requisite pam_succeed_if.so uid >= 500 quiet
auth sufficient pam_krb5.so try_first_pass no_user_check
auth required pam_deny.so
account sufficient pam_localuser.so
account sufficient pam_succeed_if.so uid < 500 quiet
account [default=bad success=ok user_unknown=ignore] pam_krb5.so
account required pam_permit.so
password requisite pam_cracklib.so try_first_pass retry=3 type=
password sufficient pam_krb5.so try_first_pass use_authtok
password required pam_deny.so
session optional pam_keyinit.so revoke
session required pam_limits.so

Now pam_krb5 is configured to auth against a username/sudo principal in /etc/krb5.conf like the following (the mappings is the important part):

[appdefaults]
  pam = {
    debug = false
    forwardable = true
    renew_lifetime = 24h
    ticket_lifetime = 24h
    krb4_convert = false
    mappings = ^(.*)$ $1/sudo
  }

pam_krb5 has for better or worse gone the way of the dodo in RHEL 8 and so I am looking to implement something similar using sssd. Our systems are already joined to an AD, and it appears to me for the moment that the 'application domain' using pam_sss might be the right approach here. I understand that it is best tested with LDAP, but well, here we go. So thus far I have:

[application/appdom]
inherit_from = ad.example.com

and the /etc/pam.d/sudo has the following inserted:

auth        sufficient pam_sss.so forward_pass domains=appdom

Great it seems to work. Now I need to remap the name to username/sudo and auth it against kerb. I don't even know if this is possible at this point, but again I thought I would write it up and ask just in case someone knew.

No, this is AFAIK not possible at the moment, as you already found out.

Sumit, given the mapping only appends /sudo to the username, would it make sense to open an RFE to support such thing?

Thanks,

-Erinn