I've been working with SSSD for a good while and I could have sworn I knew how
to get this working, but....

Login on workstations via GDM and my Kerberos tickets get renewed
automatically.  As I type this, I realize that I do lock/unlock my screen at
least once a day.  My tickets never seem to expire on my workstation.
>From my workstation, I ssh to a server with sssd enabled authentication
>(Ubuntu bionic on both ends).  I use a different account on the remote server
>and am asked for a password.  Ssh is configured to use PAM and has it's own
>password authentication disabled.  (PasswordAuthentication no;  UsePAM yes;
>ChallengeResponseAuthentication     yes).  Home folders are kerberized NFS and
>upon initial login, all is well.  However the ticket for this session never
>renews on its own.  sudo will refresh the ticket.  It's about the only other
>thing we have sssd enable for besides ssh.   Without any sudo activity, the
>Kerberos ticket expires and we lose access to home folders.  Current
>workaround is a user cron job that tries to refresh the key every hour.  I
>have to sudo on this server several times a day so my tickets were being
>renewed.  CO-workers don't have sudo access and they are the ones losing their
>tickets.

Is my assumption that one should be able to ssh to a server and have that
server refresh tickets (like on a workstation) a valid one?   If so, where
should I concentrate my efforts to get this working?

Thanks to all in this group.

[cid:image001.jpg@01D592E5.F6CEED20]<https://f5.com/>
 Jay McCanta  |  Principal Systems Administrator
 D +1 (206) 272-7998  M +1-206-434-1080