On Fri, Dec 06, 2019 at 01:11:26PM +0100, Christian Lamparter wrote:
> On the 2019-11-25 at 11:41 Oscar Torrente wrote:
> > Ok. So what you suggest is applying an ACI to all needed attributes for all
> > users/groups nodes in LDAP directory to give this special account the read
> > permission over them , isn't?
> > I should obfuscate its password in sssd.conf file, though, but it makes
> > sense.
> > Thanks a lot!!
>
> I'm in the same boat. Though, I was able to help myself by setting up a
> special "no permissions" user that has only read access to all the hidden
> LDAP-users.
> With the help of this special account and this patch (
> https://www.mail-archive.com/sssd-users@lists.fedorahosted.org/msg06876.html
> ). I was able to
> use the existing ldap_default_bind_dn and ldap_default_authtok property to
> do the user discovery.... and with this everything just worked.

Hi,

thanks for making me aware of this patch. I was thinking about a similar
issue recently. It is currently not possible with the configuration
scheme SSSD is using to unset an option. As a result if ldap_sasl_mech
is set to a default value by a provider it cannot be unset.

My idea is to define a special keyword like e.g. 'SSSD_NO_SASL_MECH'
which can be used with ldap_sasl_mech to make sure that SASL is not
used.

Do you think this would work for you as well?

bye,
Sumit