Some more info (another prove that sssd does not derive the public key from the
user certificate):
/usr/bin/sss_ssh_authorizedkeys IIN32000000001 when I am using only
userCertificate;binary attribute (with the binary value of the certificate) is
not giving any output, while when I am using the userCertificate attribute
associated with the value of the public key (when the PKI authentication works
fine) /usr/bin/sss_ssh_authorizedkeys IIN32000000001 outputs the public key of
the user which proves the oposite situation when using public key (wether used
along with certificate or not; in cases when user certificate is used along
with public key it gets mapped in sssd but it is not validated or compared to
the public key - I already mentioned this, and the authentication using the
private/public key pair work fine which is not fine :) )

I am just trying to give as much information in order to solve this problem.
Sorry for the spam.

BR,
Hristina