On 07/03/2012 03:35 PM, Jonathan Nieder wrote:
> Hi,
>
> joseph.salisb...@canonical.com wrote:
>
>> From: Corentin Chary <corenti...@iksaif.net>
>>
>> BugLink: http://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1012284
>>
>> This enable the driver for everything that look like
>> a laptop and is from vendor "SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD.".
>> Note that laptop supported by samsung-q10 seem to have a different
>> vendor strict.
>>
>> Also remove every log output until we know that we have a SABI interface
>> (except if the driver is forced to load, or debug is enabled).
>
> This backported patch doesn't actually do the "Also" part, does it?  A
> description in the commit message of what changes were made in the
> backport and why would be useful to allow people reading the 3.2.y
> changelog to see what's going on.
>
> Thanks and hope that helps,
> Jonathan

Thanks for the feedback, Jonathan.  That is correct, I only backported
the minimum amount of changes to fix the specific bug in the cover
letter(Basically removing the whitelist of laptop with a model numbers).

I can fix up the commit message to be more detailed.  I'll wait to see
if there is additional feedback on the patch, so I can submit the fewest
number of versions to the mailing list.

Thanks again,

Joe