On Jul 3, 2007, at 7:01 AM, Joe Hildebrand wrote:

On Jul 2, 2007, at 5:12 PM, Rachel Blackman wrote:

Because the caching logic is not identical; hash-forms are global, rather than client-specific. If Psi and Exodus have precisely the same capabilities, they will generate the same hash and I should not need to re-query it, even if they have different caps nodes.

This is an optimization that a receiving client might choose to use, but I'm not sure that it needs to be in the spec, other than as an implementation note.

The two objections to caps are always that a) ZOMG someone can maybe maliciously pollute the cache, and b) we should have exts hardcoded so you never need to query ever and they should be the same across all clients.

My understanding was that this proposal was addressing /both/; not only making caps something self-validating, but also extending the cache to be globally valid?

--
Rachel Blackman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>