On Jul 06, 2007, at 17:55, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

Isn't not-authorized an iq result, and thus not applicable for a message
stanza?

If the message contains only the attention element (as it certainly
should), then the recipient can simply ignore it. It's not necessary to
return an error, IMHO.

On mixed messages, my implementation just ignores the attention part and displays the body-part like any other message when this feature is disabled. That's also how I specified it in the XEP. Note that my example actually is a mixed message. Of course, that's not necessary, and my implementation can't send such a stanza either (it'd be complicated UI-wise to do that).

andy