On Tuesday 17 July 2007 5:57 pm, William Voorsluys wrote:
> We're adding flow rate control support for IBB since our application
> makes heavy use of file transfers.
> Since we need to receive ACKs for packets, we're using <iq> for data
> transport, according to  XEP-0047. The first problem is that the
> algorithm we're using needs to know the sequence number of the packet
> being acknowledged.
> But, according to the XEP, it is not allowed to include any inner XML
> stanza on the <iq> of type RESULT used as ACK:
>
> <iq from='[EMAIL PROTECTED]/balcony' to='[EMAIL PROTECTED]/orchard'
> type='result' id='ibb1'/>

The 'id' attribute in the response will match whatever you used in the
request.

That said, XMPP ensures in-order processing, and so you should not concern
yourself so much about processing IBB responses in arbitrary order.  If the
most recent IBB ack does not match the oldest unacked request then you should
probably just abort the IBB session.

-Justin