Michal 'vorner' Vaner wrote:
> Hello
>
> On Thu, Jul 19, 2007 at 02:27:51PM -0600, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
>> Currently it is not possible to send room invitations directly from one
>> person to another. That is, the invitation must go through the room. See:
>>
>> http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0045.html#invite
>>
>> This can cause problems with deployments that use privacy lists to block
>> communications from entities that are not in your roster.
>>
>> In order to solve this issue, we need to modify the <invite/> element in
>> XEP-0045. Currently the flow is like this:
>
> Hm, just a question - how do you handle the tricks like adding the user
> to member list, adding a password to the invitation (that could have
> change since the occupant entered, so he does not know the new one, or
> his client does not) or room that does not allow you to send invites?

You don't.

> I do not say the privacy lists are not a problem, I just thing this is
> an unhappy solution which brings many new problems.

Privacy lists are great. Not being able to invite your friends to a
groupchat room is not great. But of course there is always the social
solution:

   Hey Michal, join the chat room [EMAIL PROTECTED], what client
   are you using? I think in your client you need to select File >
   Join Chat and then type "foo" for the room name, "chat.example.com"
   for the server, and you can type anything you want for the nick.

Peter