Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> Unnikrishnan V wrote:
>> I am not sure of any other services than used for voip ( stun,
>> stun-relay etc ).
>
> Not yet. ;-)
>
>> As in my eyes XEP-215 is doing only _stun._udp srv query ( may be its my
>> eye problem ).
>>
>>  Now for adding turn we have to  modify XEp-215.What if somebody  want
>> to use rsip instead of stun and stun-relay ? for the same reasons we
>> started XEP-215 we have to  make another XEP or upgrade. Even for
>> _stun.tcp , _stun.tls queries,  i am  sure XEP 215 will  be modified.
>
> You make a good point.
>
>> The best approach, in my opinion is to have a generic network service
>> record framework and XMPP registrar to keep addition of services
>> entries. The same framework can be used for network server offered
>> service  or XMPP service (like muc ).
>
> Yes I think that is worth considering. I'll give it some more thought
> over the new few days...

Well, I thought about it some more.

Please note something in XEP-0215:

"This method should be used only as a fallback when DNS SRV lookups are
not possible for the client or server."

Now, I wonder why we're going to spend a lot of time defining something
that is essentially DNS-SRV over XMPP. Why not encourage people to
deploy SRV instead?

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre