Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
Mridul Muralidharan wrote:
Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
Mridul Muralidharan wrote:
Isn't this spec, for example, just special casing presence-out:deny ?

"
<iq type='set' id='invisible'>
<query xmlns='jabber:iq:privacy'>
  <list name='invisible-all'>
    <item action='deny' order='1'>
      <presence-out/>
    </item>
  </list>
</query>
</iq>
"
Yes it is. But then you need access to a server and client that support
privacy lists. And you need to fiddle with your privacy lists all the
time to add and subtract invisibility, which it seems to me introduces
the possibility of messing up the definitions (not to mention the
bandwidth usage). A small, focused command seems more useful to me.
In our client for example, there is a 'invisible to all' list which just
does the above - invisibility actually gets shown in the ui as though it
was a presence status.

When the user chooses "invisible to all", does that overrride all the
other rules already defined (e.g., don't allow any communications with
UserX)? I think that in order to do this right, you'd need to modify the
active rule to now include invisibility, not define a standalone rule
for it.

Peter

Just changes the active list entirely, not edit the current list - that would be too cumbersome.

- Mridul