Tomasz Sterna schrieb:
Oh. I realized that I'm being to sparse.

I meant, "stopping reading for a while".
If you allow 10kb per second, you just read no more than 10kb in a
second and pause. Then after one second read another no more than 10kb.

The TCP buffering, timeouts and retransmission will handle the rest,
thus you will effectively enforce the peer to transmit no faster than
10kbps.

The problem we had was that many accounts on one federated server where sending messages to one account on the jabber.org server. I assume they used multiple accounts to overcome the karma settings. So the per user karma does not help here.

Alex