On Jan 24, 2008, at 1:02 PM, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

- We need to specify what happens if there are multiple XEP-128
extensions.  There are several choices:
1. Only use the extension of FORM_TYPE urn:xmpp:dataforms:softwareinfo
2. Only use the first one
3. Append all the extensions, after sorting by FORM_TYPE
4. Append all the extensions, inter-sorting between the fields in
all
forms
5. Append all the extensions, in the order that they appear, only
sorting the fields in each form

I really don't like 1-3, so my opinion is that it should either be 4, 5
or something better that someone else comes up with.

I kind of like 3. 5 seems problematic (what if your order is different
from my order because of DOM processing strangeness or whatever?). But 4
would be fine with me.

3 seems the most logical to me as well, I admit. But I may be overlooking some reason that option is less than ideal. Joe, is there a particular reason that you dislike 3?

--
Rachel Blackman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>