Hello

On Fri, Feb 01, 2008 at 04:50:08PM -0800, Robert Quattlebaum wrote:
> On Feb 1, 2008, at 1:14 AM, Maciek Niedzielski wrote:
>> Stanza router could pipeline jingle stanzas through all jingle plugins.
>> Since a plugin tracks state, etc, it knows if it is interested in this
>> stanza or not. So if it wants the stanza, stanza gets "eaten", else
>> app-level stanza router tries to pass it to next plugin, etc.
>
> While such a model works well for apps with plug-ins in the same process as
> the app, it does not work as well if your plug-ins are in different
> processes--because it would be a blocking API.

Why? The router sends the stanza to the first plugin and stops blocking
-- lets it process it. After a while, the first plugin sends the stanza
back with note "I do not want this, give it to someone else" -- as any
other message from the plugin.

--
do { goto Water; } while( !tryBreakOffTheEar() );

Michal 'vorner' Vaner